Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the primary law governing all contract of sales with conditions and warranties?
2. What are the responsibilities of a seller / vendor under the New Civil Code in cases of express warranties?
3. What kind of defects of the item sold shall make the vendor or seller liable?
4. What are the instances where a vendor or seller may not be held liable in case of defects?
5. What are the responsibilities of the seller or vendor as to the quality or fitness of the product sold in case there is no express warranty given to him?
6. Aside from the provisions of the New Civil Code, what are other laws that may apply in cases of express warranties?
7. What are the minimum terms of express warranty under the Consumer Act that shall be given by a seller or manufacturer?
8. What is the difference between a Full warranty and Limited warranty (express)
9. When shall the retailer be subsidiarily liable under the express warranty?
10. What are the documents to be presented to the seller or vendor in case the consumer opts to have the defective product repaired, replaced, or refunded under an express warranty?
11. What is the minimum duration or period of an express or implied warranty?
12. What are the options given to a consumer in case of a breach of an express warranty?
13. What are the options given to a consumer in case of a breach of an implied warranty?
14. Are secondhand consumer products covered by a warranty?
15. What is the jurisdiction of the DTI in the sale of secondhand consumer products?